Jocelyn Cook delivers again with a beautiful, simple recipe to preserve and store pears and apples for those long winter nights. The best part? The slow cooker does most of the work. I cannot wait to get my hands on a piece of fresh baked gluten free bread slathered with this tasty goodness!
1.Core and slice apples and pears leaving the peels on
2. In a large slow cooker, place fruit on high, covered with lid, for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours
3. Blend with a handheld immersion blender or by scooping the fruit into a blender to puree (careful, it’s hot and sputters).
4. Return to slow cooker, add leomn, syrup, spices, and stir well.
5. Cook on high uncovered for an additional hour
6. Serve fresh, freeze for up to a year, or can as desired. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.