Member Jocelyn Cook submitted several tantalizing recipes and since we’re getting corn this week, we’re sharing her Corn Bisque recipe. It sounds like a savory, perfect for end of summers cooler weather, I can’t wait to try it!
1tbsp olive oil
1 medium spring onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 ears fresh sweet corn, husked
1 green pepper, diced
3 Cubanelle peppers
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 cups chicken broth
1, 14oz can light coconut milk
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
chopped chives, for garnish
(I reserved some corn kernels and threw in after blending for a bit of texture)
1. Turn on slow cooker to high
2. Add onoin, garlic, carrots, and peppers
3. Slice kernels off the corn and add to crock
4. Add spices, vinegar, vegetable broth, and coconut milk
5. Stir, cover, and turn to low for 4 hours.
6. Remove, put in blender and blend in batches until desired consistency. I did high for 2 min per batch so it was thick, creamy, and smooth.
7. Add reserved corn kernels and cook on low an additional 1 hour
8. Top with freshly sliced chives and serve immediately.
Side dish ideas
Sauteed Brussels tops or salad