A tropical mushroom, these yellow oysters have been THRIVING in the muggy hot weather we have gotten recently. These mushrooms have a distinct, fruity aroma. They typically have thicker white flesh towards the base which can be chopped and eaten along with the caps.
Cilantro and Coconut Roasted Chicken with Golden Oyster Mushrooms
5 fresh chicken legs, rinsed and dried
1 can light coconut milk
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
50 grams grey oyster mushrooms, removed from white pith and chopped.
50 grams golden oyster mushrooms, removed from white pith but reserved whole
sea salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 425. 2. Line a large, deep baking pan with parchment paper. Place the chicken legs in the pan, and rub the sea salt in between the skin and meat, and on top of the skin to make it extra juicy. 3. Pour the coconut milk into the pan and make sure the chicken is covered evenly.
4. Rub the cilantro and grey chopped mushrooms into the chicken under the skin, and sprinkle the cilantro on top of the chicken as well. If you have leftover chopped mushrooms, sprinkle them throughout the pan to create a sauce with the coconut milk and pan drippings.
5. Add some fresh ground pepper on top, and you’re good to pop it into the oven!
6. Let it cook for 45-50 minutes, then take out and add the golden mushrooms.
7. Let cook for another 5 minutes.
For pictures of this recipe and more details, visit author of this recipe, All Things Considered Yummy