There’s not a heck of a lot to say about this except it was so good, I made it two days in a row. I am a dirty repeater like that. I found myself rationing out the radishes and strawberries so I’d have enough for more salads. Mission accomplished. Oh, and it kind of looks like a little party, I think. It’s a very celebratory salad.
The inspiration for this came from So Good and Tasty‘s blog, and I basically took the core ingredients from it, and then did a little tweaking.
Change the proportions as you like, of course.
- ~2 cups of romaine, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup of strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 5 large radishes, quartered
- 1 scallion, diced (I used white and green parts)
- 2 tbsp cashews, roughly chopped
- good handful of basil, thinly sliced
- mozzarella cheese, diced into small pieces
For the dressing, I mixed together balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and grapeseed oil with a pinch of salt and pepper each. I don’t measure a lot, but it’s easy to adjust to taste and whisk up.
So, combine your salad, top with dressing right before serving. I love the sweet, salty, bitter, crunchy combination. Truth be told I can eat the whole thing myself (though it’s probably 2 servings). And the 2nd day I made this, that’s just what I did.